What's a backlog?
The list below is work items planned for fossfind.com. Some of these are user-facing features, others are infrastructure or engineering work items. They're arranged in priority order.
- Revamp home page to support two workflows: #1: find by tag; #2: find projects like this one
- Rationalize which actions replace vs. add tags (e.g. typing in search box)
- Autocomplete for 2+ tags typed into the search box (requires switching to different jquery autocomplete plugin)
- Extend autocomplete search box to support pressing Enter to submit search
- Paging of results
- Custom Errors
- Autocomplete for project names
- Rationalize UI for tag cloud vs. search box -- currrently confusing
- Switch to use GIT for version control
- Reconfigure hosting configuration to avoid redirection hacks and improve SEO
- Automate data retrieval
- "Monitoring page" which runs a small subset of cheap unit tests (and can be hooked into external monitoring service)
- Flesh out unit tests
- Instrument clickthroughs for external links
- Automate builds & publishing (including FTP upload)
- XML sitemaps for Search engines
- OpenSearch provider for use in browser toolbar search
- CSS and HTML cleanup - avoid "divitis"
Recently completed backlog items
Here's what's new:
- Refactor out generic Library code into separate project
- Refactor Models into separate project
- Move from file-backed to MySQL storage (after tuning, got 2x+ perf improvement)
Comments? Questions? Bug Reports?Definitely feel free to send feedback to info(at)FOSSfind.com.